BECOME A MEMBER
Membership of TasTESOL is open to anyone with an interest in the TESOL or EAL/D field.
Our members are teachers, volunteer tutors, administrators, trainee teachers and education students, policy makers or other related practitioners with an interest in languages, literacy and/or intercultural issues.
- Discounted professional learning for teachers at our local forums and state-wide annual conference
- Free access to the peer-reviewed journal, TESOL in Context, produced by the Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA)
- Reduced registration rates for the bi-annual international ACTA conferences
- E-bulletins from ACTA and TasTESOL concerning TESOL issues, events, interesting resources and the work of the national and local committees
- Occasional email notices from other state and territory associations
- Free attendance at guest-speaker events presented by the Network of Education Associations of Tasmania (NEAT)
- Opportunities to network: meet new colleagues, keep up with workplace changes and resources, hear about different cohorts of students
- The satisfaction of contributing to and participating in a professional association
- Individual $40 (due to Covid restriction and the inability to have the annual conference and face-to-face forums, all memberships are $40 for a calendar year)
- Direct deposit (preferred) – submit your online membership form or send us a paper form and we will contact you with our banking details.
- Cash – in person only to a committee member
WHERE DOES YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE GO?
TasTESOL needs membership fees to help with annual ACTA capitation fees ($20 per member), website maintenance, forums, conference costs (catering, flights for speakers, etc.), room hire (when requied) and other incidental costs (e.g. occasional stationery, postage). Financial Reports are presented by the Treasurer at the AGM, and our finances are audited annually.